Diary of a Labrat.

images (11)


Monday 30th November

14:30 Instructed by Paul Williams that I was to get all my belongings out of my room in Secure as I was being discharged on Friday. Dr Ojo and Paul Williams saw me and said that all going to plan I would be permanently moved to TCCU on Friday.

Tuesday 1st December

9:15 I went on Unescorted community leave.

14:30 I had my mental health court.

17:15 I had a viusal by Marlissa to verify that I was on leave with my family.

19:45 On return to TCCU Karen stated that I was late. I responded that Marlissa has verified at 17:15 that I was on leave with my family. Karen said that she was joking.

Wednesday 2nd December

13:00 Unescorted community leave

Thursday 3rd December

13:30 Unescorted community leave

Friday 4th December

13:30 Unescorted community leave

14:00 Meeting of discharge from Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit with Paul Williams and Dr Victor Ojo.

Saturday 5th December

15:15 Unescorted community leave

Sunday 6th December

13:00 Unescorted commuity leave.

Monday 7th December

12:15 Unescorted community leave.

Tuesday 8th December

11:45 ECG and Obs done from Cindy.

13:10 Admission procedures done from Dr. Fisher

14:30 Meeting with Dr. Miach: Refer to voice recording.

Wednesday 9th December

13:15 Mick Farrel saw me in relation to my depot. He stated that he will give me the 300MG injection of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) tomorrow morning, due to me being under medical observations for 3 hours.

13:43 Karen Johnstone rang me to ask wether secure gave me my medications. I replied that I got them from TCCU.

14:00 Karen Johntson stated that I was to get my injection of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) tomorrow morning and also stated that there would be no reprocussions for having my injection late.

20:00 On arrival back at TCCU I was informed by Karen Johnston that I was to see Dr. Miach tomorrow afternoon for an updated review in relation to my future plans. I stated that I had to take one of my grandmothers to see her Doctor, and that this was to short of notice to change my plans. Karen basically said that Dr. Miach’s appointment took precedence. I felt verbally belittled and also felt that I had no rights in choosing my decisions and agenda. I asked Karen to pass on my request to the other shifts to see if they could resolve the dilema. Karen said she would pass it on. The other matter was with Dr John Reilly and my appointment of Friday with him, between 9am and 11am. She said that she had not heard any thing in relation to that meeting and I stated that the time did not suit me. She said she would also pass it on my info to the next shift.

Thursday 10th December

10:05 Mick Farrel gave me an injection of 300mg of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) in left arm. Mick aslo updated me on Dr Micah meeting in relation to getting more leave granted inlcuding overnight leave.

15:30 Meeting with Dr Miach, Dr Agilan and Toni (CNC). Refer to recording.

17:45 Community leave with my Brother.

Friday 11th Decemebr

8:05 Sarah Lynch called to say that I should attend meeting on my own with Dr Reilly.

8:15 Meeting with Dr Reilly and Raleane (DFLO)

9:00 Tania Brown (IAT) Arrived for schelduled 9:00 meeting with Dr Reilly.

9:10 Community leave with Tania.

16:00 Community leave with Parents

Saturday 12th December

12:15 Community leave with Parents.

Sunday 13th December

13:30 Unescorted community leave.

Monday 14th December

14:00 Unecorted community leave.

19:30 On arrival back at TCCU, Andrew said that my overnight leave had been approved, starting on the 17th.

Tuesday 15th December

11:30 I rang Sarah Lynch who said that Joe Briggs and her would call me about 3PM today.

12:00 I spoke to Tania Brown via Cindy’s phone in relation to MHC tomorrow. We agreed that Darren Green should not sit with us in the room during the MHC.

12:10 Cindy updated me on my status on overnight leave and that she was preparing the paper work for my LCT. We discussesd the issue on coming back at 9PM whilst I was on leave. We also talked about getting a script to obtain my medication and that I get followed up with my GP in the community. Other points that were discussed were monthly blood tests , UDS and alcohol monitoring. I also discussed that my family did not want Darren Green with us in the Mental Health Court. Cindy said that she would address that matter with Raelene the other DFLO.

12:40 Cindy and Raelene DFLO came to speak to me in relation to MHC and Darren Green situation. Raelene stated that she would be sitting with us on the MHC.

16:00 Joe Briggs and Sarah Lynch called me to follow up on the MHC tomorrow.

Wednesday 16th December

9:00 MHC

14:00 MHC

16:00 Confusion with leave from Karen Johnston. They had me signed in to come back at 16:15. Leave with parents.

Thursday 17th December

11:05 Mandy and Raelene came to see me and inform me that they were waiting for a signature in relation to my overnight leave.

12:00 Unescorted leave.

15:20 Tania Brown called me and updated me on leave progress. Tania said the she had spoken to Joe Briggs. His advice was to keep calm over the christmas period and to stay stable.

16:13 Joe Briggs called me. He said that he had been in discussions with Director of Mental health and that they needed my overnights to be signed off.

Wednesday 23rd December

13:00 Unescorted leave and picked up Zyprexa from pharmacy at North ward.

Thursday Decemeber 24th

11:00 Zyprexa injection right arm 300Mg by Cindy and witnessed by Mick Farrel.

11:30 Cindy did 30 Minute observations at my Villa. Stated that injection should be done in Gluteous maximus.

12:00 Cindy stated that I am not permitted to drive a motor vechile after I had my injection of Zyprexa.

13:40 Cindy stated to me that I could not drive a motor vechile for 24 hours after I had the injection. From my investigating on the Inetrnet it stated for the remainder of the day.

Monday 28th December

11:50 Instructed bu Cindy that LCT escorted leave with Family expired on 24th December 2015. Told that I had only 8 hours unesorted leave and that Doctor needed to approve new LCT.

17:52 I called Darelle to see if I could access my overnight leave for tonight, as I wished to spend time with Family.

16:00 I called TCCU again and Darelle stated that overnight leavet could not happen due to a leave plan that had already been agreed on.

19:12 I stated to Darelle why did the LCT expire and how would she feel if she was taken away from family for Christmas and left it at that. I filled my dosette box with sodiuum valporate and went back to my Villa.

Tuesday 29th December

9:50 My LCT with Family member still had not been approved. I was told that it could happen today. I went on unescorted leave for 8 hours.

14:15 My mother rang TCCU and stated for the LCT to be done. My mother was told that it should be done by today. Under instuctions by my Lawyer that this matter was to be mentioned in the MHC. My mother also stated that who was person who let the leave expire in the first place.

15:51 Darelle rang me to state that LCT for 10 hours unescorted had been approved and that I could come back at 20:00

19:55 I rang Darelle to state that I would be arriving late back to the unit, as I did not have dinner.

20:15 I stated to Darelle on my return why did Queensland Health cancel my Family LCT leave.

20:25 Darelle took me on escorted leave to get dinner (Pizza).


Monday 4th January 2016

15:45 Tania Brown returned my call. We discussed current treatment plan and when treating psychiatrist Dr Reily would see me. Tania also stated that I had a MHRT today that was a mention.

19:25 Spoke to Cindy and crosschecked progress. No problems reported.

Tuesday 5th January 2016

13:45 Handed Patient election form from Cindy to complete.

20:22 Spoke to Sue and told her I had taken my Meds*

Wednseday 6th January

13:24 Cindy called me to say that she would be coming around to my home at 14:00

13:55 Cindy and Shane came to my place. Cindy stated that I needed to do a random breath test. It came back negative.

Thursday 7th January

17:15 Injection by Andrea of Zyprexa 300MG in left arm. Witnessed by Gene (Asia)

Wednesday 13th January

14:00 Visit at my home by Ralene and Cindy. Required leave to go to Charters Towers. Also needed to arrange time for meeting with Dr. Reilly.

18:54 TCCU Cindy called. Missed call.

19:26 Called back TCCU and Cindy required parents address in Charters Towers for LCT.

Thursday 14th January

19:00 Came back early to clean my unit. I asked Marissa where cleaning trolley was. She said she did not know and would find out.

19:03 On arrival at my unit noticed that unit had been cleaned. I rang Marissa and informed her of this.

20:42 Noticed plastic ware missing from unit sink. I rang Robin stating that I was unable to cook my dinner without them. Robin said that she would look for something for me to use.

20:45 Robin came to my unit with plastic ware. Was not suiatble for what I needed. She asked if I was becoming anxious, and I stated yes. I then said to her what would she do in the same situation. Her reply was to wait for an explanation and stay stable. She offered me some Lorazapam and I said it wasn’t needed.

Sunday 17th January

19:07 Breathalized on return from leave by blonde woman nurse. Returned negative reading.

Monday 18th January

10:13 Cindy spoke to me in relation to my leave to Charters Towers. She specified that Dr. Relly required my Parents to be contacted in relation to my leave to Charters Towers. I stated that my Parents would call Queensland Health and notify them that arrangement suited their needs. Cindy also stated that there were other questions Dr. Reilly had asked via email. Questions included; was I driving on my own. What type of work I was doing. The time since I last visited there. I also stated to Cindy that I wished to have my mediaction tirated. Dr Miach stated in a meeting with him that I should be on my depot of zyprexa every 3 weeks. I also stated that I was finding out online that zyprexa is responsible for serious side effects, and that I was not happy in taking the dangerous medication.

Thrusday 21st January

19:40 Injection of 300Mg Zyprexa by Robin in right arm. There was conjecture in relation to where the injection was to be administered. Robin checked on CIHMA and spoke to Doctor on call whos stated to hold off injection until tomorrow. As injection was already drawn up Robin said she would administer it herself and take the rap if anything should happen. UDS supplied and breathalized. Gene Asian nurse and Cherlle were there.

Monday 25th January

16:55 Attempted to find out about leave to Charters Towers. Robin stated that I needed to see Dr Reilly to approve leave. Robin stated that she did not know when that would be.

Wednesday 27th January

13:40 Malissa and Trish cam to visit me at home. They were due at 14:00 yet stated that they needed to book a car. No phone call was made prior to visit.

17:22 I rang Melissa Walls to convey to her that my Mother wished her to send through all correspondence to her via email, in relation to my leave for Charters Towers.

Thursday 28th January

14:45 Tania Brown returned my call. We discussesd the email Tania sent to Mellisa Walls in relation to my leave to Charters Towers. Tanis stated that the service should be accomadating towards me and that CTRU is a support mechanism in Charters Towers.

16:13 Meilssa Walls called me and updated me on leave rogression to Charters Towers.

16:30 Tania Brown called me after I called her. We decided to let things play out.

Wednesday 3rd February

19:00 Andrew rang to say missed home visit. I explained that I forget to ring and check. He stated that after my call to him everthing was fine.

Thusrday4th February

18:45 Injection of Zypreca 300MG in left glute by Sue Bell. Conjetcure over where depot should be administered. I decided that I could not wait to see doctor tomorrow and chose to have it tonight.

Thursday 18th February

18:10 Injection 300MG Zyprexa. Mick Farrell Left gluteus. Pleaded to him not to give me the injection.

Monday 22nd Februray

13:10 Dr Agland. Mick Farrel. Darren Green

Tuesday 23rd February

12:30 Melissa Social Worker

13:05 Dr Reilly. Dr Agland. Steven Nurse.

Wednesday 24th February

18:10 Dr Duncan McIntyre

Thursday 25th Februray

14:00 Tania Brown

15:10 Cindy spoke to me and stated from her end everything was going fine. I stated that I have not touched any alcohol and that I have kept within the rules of my Forensic Order. Cindy also stated that there was talk to move me back to secure.

Thursday 3rd March

19:40 Injection of 300MG Zyprexa in right buttock by Sue Bell.

Sunday 6th March

14:00 I asked Cherylle to ask the night nursing staff to close the door in my room gently when they came to check on me. I also asked how much longer would I be on 2 hour obs. Cherylle said she would ask the staff and told me to also ask my Doctor.

Wednesday 9th March

15:15 I spoke to Melissa in relation to my leave. She stated that Dr Agland would be seeing me on Friday. Melissa also stated that my rent needed to be paid to my parents.

Saturday 12th March

9:00 Went on leave with parents. No problems observed.

Sunday 13th March

15:30 Leave with Letwin to do shopping.

Monday 14th March

13:20 I spoke to Bill and Toni in relation to my leave. Toni stated that Dr Reilly needed to sign off my unescorted leave. Followed up with Cindy who stated the same thing. Cindy then spoke to Dr. Aglian who said he was meeting with Dr Reilly at 3PM to discuss my leave conditions.


Dr Aglian spoke to me. He stated that he spoke to Dr Reilly and that they were giving me my leave back and permission to drive a motor vehicle. Dr Aglain also stated that I was not allowed to enter a licensed premise without my family. I stated that I did not do anything wrong and felt that it was to harsh considering that I did nothing wrong.

Tuesday 15th March

15:15 Spoke to Cindy you informed me that she was not happy with my current treatment. She stated that Melissa (SW) felt that my current plan was not adequate, and that they were seeking a meeting with Dr Reilly and the treating team. Cindy also stated that in my leave conditions that I am not to enter a licensed premise for 3 months, unless accompanied by a nominated person or approved by the treating psychiatrist.

15:40 I spoke to Melissa you said that she wanted to catch up with me tomorrow.

Wednesday 16th March

14:15 I spoke to Melissa (SW) who stated that they were still waiting for the LCT to be signed off from the DMH. We also spoke about the restriction to enter a licensed premise and that we both felt that it was to restrictive my rehabilitation.

16:00 Spoke to Dr Nissa and Dr Cass about getting injection in Arm and Dr Nissa said that he wooul dhave to consult Dr Aglain and for me to sign a consent form to agree with it.


QAI called me and I spoke to Lauren. She took notes and said that a lawyer would be getting back to me.

Thursday 17th March

15:00 I spoke to Mandy in relation to my leave and she said that she believed it was waiting to be signed off from the DMH. She also stated that Melissa (SW) had the day off today, as well as tomorrow and that she would be back on Monday.

15:45 Went on leave with Dan to the shops and get some belongings from my home.

17:20 Injection of 300MG of Zyprexa in left buttock by Sue Bell and witnessed by Michael. I expressed my frustration of getting the injection and wished that it would be lowered and given to me tri weekly as expressed by Dr Miach. No one seems to care or listen to my needs and I feel is as if I am being violated and that my rights are being discriminated against.

Friday 18th March

13:25 I spoke to Dr Anglain who said that my leave was still waiting to be signed off by the DMH. I also asked to be given leave to go over to the shops. He stated that also needed to be approved by the DMH.

19:10 Leave with parents. No problems reported.

Saturday 19th March

11:15 Leave with parents. No problems reported.

Monday 21st March

13:30 Spoke to afternoon staff about my leave. Debbie said she would follow up with morning staff.

14:40 Spoke to Bill (Nurse) who said he would follow up my leave with Dr. Aglain. Bill then informed that Dr. Aglain was in a meeting and that he would send him an email. He stated that it was highly unlikely that I would get a response today in relation to my leave. I then stated that I was informed that my unescorted leave would be reinstated today.

15:35 Spoke to Bill again in relation to my leave. Still no updates.

16:10 Bill came to my Villa and informed me that he had spoken to Dr Aglain who stated that they were still waiting for the leave to be approved by the Director of Mental Health.

16:35 I asked Bill if I could be taken to my place to put my bins out.

16:40 I spoke to Melissa (SW) and Mandy in relation to my leave. Melissa said that she would send an email and that is was waiting to be signed off by the DMH Professor John Allen. I stated that my Family and I were told be Dr Aglain that the leave was going to be approved by today. I vented my frustration and pleaded my innocence to Melissa and Mandy stating that I had done nothing wrong to have my leave revoked in the first place. I also stated to Melissa that I wished to have more leave over the Easter weekend.

16:55 Bill took me to my place and I picked up mail. Bins did not need to be put out as they were already empty. I assume neighbours put them out last week.

17:45 Melissa spoke to me on her way out. She stated that she sent 2 emails, one to Dr Agilan and Dr John Reilly and one to the mental health coordinator. Melissa also stated that this was unacceptable for the amount of time that it was taking for me to have my leave reinstated, considering that it was only supposed to be 2 weeks. Melissa Walls included in the emails that I wished to have longer leave over the Easter weekend.

Tuesday 22nd March

9:15 Leave with my mother.

15:50 I spoke to Melissa and Mandy in relation to my unescorted leave. They said that I could have an extra 2 hours with my Parents over the Easter weekend. They also said that they needed to submit more paperwork for my unescorted on my own.

16:08 Melissa (SW) came to my villa and said that 10 hours with family approved. Just waiting for unescorted on own to be approved.

Wednesday 23rd March

17:27 I spoke to Mandy about my leave who said that it was sent off this morning and that she was hoping it would be approved by tomorrow.

Thursday 24th March

13:45 Leave to Parkside

15:10 Leave approved on my own.

15:15 Melissa, Mandy and Raelene came to my villa to tell me my leave was approved.

19:00 Unescorted leave.

Friday 25th March

14:00 Unescorted Leave

Saturday 26th March

14:20 Unescorted leave

Sunday 27th Marth

13:20 Leave with Parents

22:50 Cindy leave misunderstanding. Incident report.

Monday 28th March

14:15 Unescorted leave.

Tuesday 29th March

15:13 Spoke to Carly from QAI and left a message for Neyha to contact me.

15:35 Spoke to Melissa Walls (SW) in relation to MHRT. Melissa suggested that LCT be increased to allow for more overnight leaves.

Thursday 31st March

13:00 Unescorted leave.

18:25 Injection of zyprexa 300mg in right buttock by Sue Bell and witnessed by Dan.

Friday 1st April

9:05 Melissa Walls (Social Worker) and Mick came to my villa and left me my MHRT report. Melissa stated that they were looking to go for a full LCT

2:05 Dr Agilan came to see me and stated that they wanted to increase my leave to 8 hours a day. He also stated that it was to be between 7am and 7pm.

Saturday 2nd April

19:57 I went on leave at 15:00 and for the majority of the day I have been feeling suicidal. I am sick of the injections and sick of feeling like this. I want my life to end and for all this pain I am feeling to be gone. I have had enough of this control from Doctors that are more interested in giving me drugs than encouragement. I am sick of these injections because they are making me sick.

22:37 Posted on Facebook.com

Without Prejudice*

No matter how much you mentally torture me, now matter what you inject me with, no matter the side effects and demons I fight because of your drugs, you will never win this war. The more you push me to suicide, the more I will push you to expose the truth. You can destroy my body and take away my life, yet you will never take away my Spirit.

Pharmaceutical drugs and incarceration is not the answer.

You are dealing with Human Beings and you are dealing with innocent people. I don’t care any more what you do to me.

You call this system Mental Health, yet all I have seen in my dealings with your archaic system is Mental Torture.

Not once did you give encouragement, not once did you nurture and not once did you comfort the lost souls.

May the devil be consumed by its own darkness and evil, and may the Glory of God’s love shine upon those Spirits who emit the Light of Heaven. For those of you who fight for your justice and rights, may you taste the sweetness of Victory.

We are not pawns and we are not guinea pigs or lab rats in your experiments.

We will win this War. You will never kill the Spirit of truth.

We Are God In The Chrysalis.

Thursday 7th April

10:05 Dr Agilan came to my unit. He said that he would be starting me on overnight leaves starting today.

Thursday 14th April

19:20 Mick Farrel gave me my 300Mg zprexa injection in left Glute. I spoke to him about the problems I was having with the side effets. At present after just having it I am now sluggish, depressed and mildly suicidal. I wish this torture would stop.

Thursday 28th April

19:18 Dan and Steve came to my unit to give me my injection. I was given 300MG in right glute. I explained to them in a frustrated manner that I was unhappy with receiving the injection and that I felt it was against my rights to do so. Dan and Steve stated that I should seek legal advice and to pursue the matter that way. I asked who was making the decisions? It is the government or Doctors who had the power to administer these injections. They stated it was the Doctors. I told them I had enough of the harassment from mental health and that I did not want these injections.

Thursday 26th May

Sue Bell gave my my injection of 300 Mg of Zyprexa in left Glute.

Friday 3rd June

Dr Agilan and student Doctor came to my room with Mick Farrel. Asked a few questions and said that I needed a blood test for Sodium Valporate.


Monday 15th October

10:14 Injection of 450MG Zuclopenthixol in left glute by Mick Farrell and checked by Bill.

13:30 Celeste Lynn checked CIMHA for LCT. It was there with new conditions.

13:35 I spoke to Mick Farrell and informed him that LCT was in system and updated to CIMHA. He checked and spoke to Dr Saiful about getting phone back and Internet access. Internet access was approved by Dr Saiful.

13:45 Handed my Samsung S6 Edge from Mick Farrell

14:25 Tegan Ely called my villa to say that she had a meeting and that my session would be at 15:00

15:05 Psychotherapy session with Tegan Ely for an hour

Tuesday 16th October

9:30 Darelle and Bill came to my villa and took my phone off me. Apparently Dr Agilan needed to sign off on it. Dr Saiful gave authority yesterday to approve me having back my mobile phone and internet access. Not good enough.

9:37 Bill came to my Villa and stated that the Doctor wanted to see me. I saw Dr Saiful who asked the usual questions and I asked when I was getting my phone back. He said he would discuss that shortly. He asked more questions about mood, thoughts, plans, anyone out to get me and sleeping. He said he would talk to Dr Agilan about my phone and leave on my own. I said it was very frustrating what they were doing. He said to wait about an hour to get a response.

10:15 Dr Saiful said it would be 1 to 2 hours until I was being seen by Dr Agilan.

12:05 Meeting with Dr Agilan, Dr Saiful and Bill. Dr Agilan waffled on and read through my LCT conditions. He stated that it need to be signed off by him and the mental health act team. He also stated that I should not be calling the mental health act team (Pam) or RA’s on their private mobiles. He said I could have my phone and other devices being a laptop, smart TV, ipad etc. He said I would have 1 hour per week extra over 4 weeks to get to my 4 hours leave. We got into a heated discussion over medication titration. He stated in my last meeting that he would reduce my medication to 400MG over 6 weeks if everything was travelling smoothly. I said you are a fucking liar as he was lying about titrating it and he said he didn’t say anything about about reducing my medication and that it would be staying the same till discharge. With my outburst he said the meeting was finished. Bill tried to make me settle down yet I was upset that he lied. I stated that what he said was on CIMHA and that he sat in that chair (I pointed to chair) when he promised me that he would reduce the medication. He went back on his word and threatened me that he would increase my medication. With that I stood up and I said are you threatening me, and he said no. Once again I said are you threatening me and he said no. With that Celeste Lynn came into the room and tried to calm things down. I said to Celeste that he was a liar and that I didn’t want him as my Doctor. Celeste asked me to go into her office.

I went into Celeste’s office and we talk about my issues. Celeste said foremost that my leave needed to be done and that we would look into the medication issue at another time. I said that I didn’t want Agilan as my Doctor and wanted to change teams immediately. Celeste kept saying Agilan was a good doctor and I said he can hardly speak proper audible English and that I don’t like him and neither does my parents. I stated that he was in my country and that he had to adopt our ways. Celeste said I was being racist and I said I was not. I stated that his bedside manners are appalling and that I don’t think he is fit to run this unit. Celeste said she would organize the LCT to be signed and that she would get back to me.

12:35 I spoke to Tegan Ely about issue with Agilan. Tegan asked me to take time out and I said I would have a shower and down regulate. Tegan said she would get back to me.

12:40 I called Queensland Health Minister office and spoke to Karen about current issue and put in a complaint against Agilan.

12:55 Celeste came to my Villa and said that LCT had been signed by Agilan and that she called mental health act team to sign off on it as soon as they received it. Celeste said it would be done today.

13:35 Steve Groves confirmed LCT had bee put up on system and signed off. He handed me my phone and said I had 1 hour of unescorted community leave to utilise.

14:00 Leave for 1 hour. I walked to my Nanna Lynham’s and had a coke and talk. I came back at exactly 15:00 Attacked by a Magpie to and from her place opposite BP service station.

Wednesday 17th October

15:45 Leave for I hour to visit Grandmother. Walked to and from her place. Avoided Magpie today.

Thursday 18th October

12:20 Leave with Parents and Matt. Had dinner at RSL for Dad’s Birthday.

Friday 19th October

9:30 Shopping at Parkside with Ben.

13:30 Leave with Trish to Grandmother’s Place. Nanna Lynham

17:15 Leave for about an hour. Unescorted

Saturday 20th October

16:40 Unescorted leave for 20 Minutes.

Sunday 21st October

17:20 Unescorted leave to Nanna Lynham’s

Monday 22nd October

10:03 Dr Saiful and Mick Farrell saw me to update leave for 2 hours. Waiting on approval. Told by both of them that it shouldn’t be longer than 24 hours.

17:15 Karen Johnson checked to see if LCT came back signed. Still hadn’t.

17:20 Leave for 1 hour to Grandmother’s

Tuesday 23rd October

13:05 Handed Mental Health Inventory by Bill to complete.

15:37 UDS asked and done and given to Bill

16:18 Checked with Bill and no updated LCT for 2 hours back yet

17:10 Unescorted community leave to visit Grandmother’s

Wednesday 24th October

10:05 Divina came to my villa. I asked what was happening to my LCT and she said that she was following up with Doctors and that Dr Agilan had to still sign off on it.

10:42 I am sick of the side effects from the medication. It is making me feel uneasy about myself. The hyper salivation is causing me concerns and I am waking up at all times of the night with drool all over my pillows and bed. I don’t like what it is doing to me physically and feel there has to be a better way.

11:08 I once again asked Divina about my LCT and she said she was waiting to see Agilan about it. Agilan was seeing other clients and Divina went into meeting room with him.

12:35 I spoke to Tegan Ely who said that she would catch up with me tomorrow. She also said that she would follow up on LCT.

13:04 I asked Bill to check LCT. He said that he had just come on and that he had to do his rounds and then he would check it. Handed back completed Mental Health Inventory to Bill.

13:13 Bill came to my Villa. He said that he was waiting for the Doctors to sign off on my LCT. None were presently around and he said you know how this place works. I said that I was told that I would have it within 24 hours of meeting and it’s now Wednesday.

13:40 Davina and Bill both told me that my LCT had come back approved for 2 hours leave.

13:45 Unescorted leave for 2 hours to Burger Bar and catch up with Henry McCaskill.

Thursday 25th October

12:20 I spoke to Melissa Walls about driving a motor vehicle and she said that we need to take small steps in moving forward. I said I needed to have access to a vehicle and that I have not had an incident for over 11 months. She said that she would look into bringing ARMC bought forward to hear my matter.

14:40 Unescorted leave for 1 hour. Walked to grandmothers. Had phone call to And, Dad and Graham.

17:30 Spoke to Darelle at TCCU and played recording of Graham Lynham. She asked me if I was alright and said not to worry about it.

Friday 26th October

10:10 Spoke to Dr Dasgupta, Aaron Little and Karen Johnson about current treatment pathway. We discussed medication titration and driving a motor vehicle. Other topics were Graham Lynham and domain lynham.com and recorded phone message. Dr Dasgupta said it was up to Dr Agilan to discuss reducing medication. He said about driving a motor vehicle that and ARMC would need to happen and look at risks associated with driving.

12:35 Dr Agilan Dr Saiful Dr Indian female, Karen and Security Andrew Tuttiet came to my villa. Dr Agilan stated that I was becoming unwell and said I had to take increase depot of 500MG today or I would go back to secure or HDU. He said I had no more leave and that if I didn’t take the medication that he would call the Police and have them take me back to HDU. He said that my medication would be increased to 550MG then 600MG. He said if I hadn’t had it by 13:00 he would call the Police. I said I needed to make a phone call. Apparently a phone call had been made by Family stating I was becoming unwell. Dr Agilan also said that I threatened to put a female staff member up on a website. I said please explain. He then changed the subject and wouldn’t elaborate.

12:42 I called health minister’s office and spoke to Lisa who put me through to Gwen, I explained my situation to her and she said that she would lodge a complaint. She said to call IPRA.

12:51 I called Jo Sampford. No answer.

12:55 I sent an email to jo@qai.org.au

12:58 Mick Farrell, Michael, Karen Johnson and Andrew Tuttiet came to my Villa to give me injection. I said I would take it in medication room.

13:00 Injection of 500MG of Zuclopenthixol in right Glute by Michael and witnessed by Mick Farrell. I asked Mick what was going on and he said he would look into it as he just come onto shift.

13:30 I spoke to Celeste about ordeal and played her messages. She said it was too early to tell if I was becoming unwell. Karen Johnson sat in for part of the coversation.

13:55 Dr Saiful spoke to me and read me the riot act. Internet usage and if I did break those rules I would be sent back to Secure.

14:00 I called Michelle Burns and told her about my situation. She said she would email Jo Sampford and go from there. She also said wait till the dust settles before speaking to Family

14:30 Mick Farrell came to my Villa and said he would look into current situation. He said he would follow up with leave status and look into CIMHA over the weekend.

Saturday 27th October

13:45 Drive with Michael to Strand and Port at Entertainment Center.

18:03 Text message from Jo Sampford asking me if I was alright and If I needed her to call. I said wait till Monday.

19:32 Sent letter of Frustration to Steven Miles office.

Dear Hon. Steven Miles

Firstly let me say that I appreciate the work of Karen and Gwen who have
spoken to me at length about my current situation.

I am experiencing complete displeasure from the current treatment I am
receiving from Queensland Health's Mental Health services.

I am being bullied and taken advantage of by two Doctors, namely Dr
Sivagnanam Agilan and Dr Rupak Dasgupta.

It is bordering on mental torture the way I am being treated at present,
as I am not being listened to, nor are my human rights being acknowledged.

I write to you that my files are examined by your office, and that I be
placed on the inquiry for the hearing into Mental Health services in the
Townsville region.

I would like this matter to be resolved in a timely manner and that I am
protected for speaking out against these Doctors.

I appreciate your time and look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Jeff Geaney
0437 677 677

Sunday 28th October

13:30 Drive with Bill to Pallarenda, Strand and Coles.

15:10 I asked Daniel Ferguson why Mental Health Inventory was not looked into before the decision was made to increase me medication and revoke my leave. I said surely there would have been early warning signs from that if there were any problems. He said that was a very good question and that he would look into my matter and notes this afternoon. I said that is what I was being told by other Nurses that they would look into my matter. I said am I too much like hard work. He said no and that he would get back to me this afternoon. I left it at that.

17:50 I went to follow up with Daniel Ferguson about looking into my notes. Bill was in the office and said Dan was having dinner in staff room. He said he would pass a message onto him and that Dan would come and see me soon.

18:11 I spoke to Dan Ferguson who was with Vera on pathway doing 18:00 checks. Dan said he had read half of my notes and said that he didn’t have any answers why they took off my leave off me or why they increased my medication. He said he was on tomorrow afternoon and that he would arrange to see Dr Saiful to get answers. I said it doesn’t make any sense. He said he knows it doesn’t make any sense.

Monday 29th October

9:57 Steve and Davina came to my Villa for 10:00 checks. Steve asked how I was going and asked me what I had planned for the day. I said I had lost my leave and that my medication was increased, after I did a mental health inventory. He said he would look into for me.

11:18 I called Jo Sampford. No Answer

11:50 Jo Sampford called me back. We discussed events that occurred last week. Jo said she would follow up on a call to my Parents and Graham Lynham. Jo said there needs to be a better directive in place in relation to my treatment and the outcomes I seek. Jo said for me to put in writing what I expect for my treatment when situations like this occur in the future. I sent recording of Graham and forwarded email to Queensland Health Minister’s office to Jo.

14:30 Psychotherapy session with Tegan. Meeting to be arranged with Agilan to sort out current situation with clashing personalities and get clear pathway in getting out of here.

18:10 Dan Ferguson said Agilan not on today and on tomorrow. Dan said he has day off tomorrow.

Tuesday 30th October

10:00 I spoke to Saiful in his office and he said he can’t see me today. He said when questioned about my leave that he did not know when it would be reinstated. He also said he would have to check with Agilan about it.

10:40 Toni Clayton came to my Villa and antagonised me. She said there were other factors to why I lost my leave and had my medication increased. She also said that my Family would have not influenced the Doctors in making their decision in charging my treatment. She said to ask the Doctors why they did what they did. Basically she was as clear as mud.

11:45 Melissa Walls said that she would come and see me. She was in office talking.

11:50 Wendy OT checked out my food supplies and Fridge. All good.

12:20 Toni Calyton called my Villa to let me know that an Independent rights person would see me on Friday.

12:21 I called Michele Burns to let her know an update.

12:23 Celeste Lynn came to my Villa to let me know that Independent rights would see me on Friday afternoon.

13:19 Michele Burns called me back and left a message that she called.

13:32 I called Michele Burns back and we spoke about current situation and that she would come on Thursday to see me.

15:40 Tegan came to my Villa to say she has heard nothing from Agilan.

16:18 Celeste called me to say that IPRA would be here tomorrow in relation to feedback at 11:30

Wednesday 31st October

10:40 IPRA Deb and Celeste Lynn

11:05 Tegan talk and Agilan update

11:20 Shopping to Parkside with Ben.

14:40 I spoke to Cindy Roepke about current situation and bout medication and leave. She said my medication was being increased to 600MG and that it was being done to keep me well. I said that was bullshit.

14:50 I called Minister’s office and spoke to Jason. I said to pass onto Gwen that I said thanks for all her help.

18:30 I spoke to Cindy about working relationship with her.

Thursday 1st November

11:20 I spoke to Karen Johnson about getting leave back and seeing Dr Agilan. She put it in the Doctors book. She also said Saiful was leaving and that another junior Doctor would take his place.

15:45 Just spoke to Cindy about an update on leave. She stated Agilan would not give me leave until depot was up to 600MG. I said no problem. She also stated that a registrar would see me every 2 weeks and consultant every 4 weeks.

17:01 Jo Sampford called me and I updated her on my current treatment.

Friday 2nd November

9:45 Cindy came to my Villa to tell me I had a meeting with Dr Saiful today.

10:05 Tegan and Cindy came to my Villa to say that we have a meeting with Dr Saiful and Dr Badu. We went to courtyard and sat down on table. A female student Doctor was there as well.

  • Medication increased to be 600MG on the 23rd November
  • Leave medical review looked at on the 26th November
  • No escorted leave in place over weekend
  • Tegan and male nurse to take me out on outings only till unknown date
  • Agilan making decision
  • Concerns that I may become violent
  • Dr Badu said do I want to go to Prison. WTF
  • The whole thing is wrong
  • I said that it is not the least restrictve practice and told Cindy to put that in my notes. She didn’t put it in my notes and said that this was the least restrictive practice
  • I said that why this was happening and why the MHI was not weighted in this decision. I got a mixed message from Saiful and Cindy saying they matter and don’t matter. Saiful didn’t know what an MHI was.
  • I said what they were doing was overkill.

11:01 I text Jo Sampford saying that I had all leave revoked till next week and that there were concerns that I was becoming violent.

11:15 I spoke to Tegan about placing bet on Melbourne Cup. She said she would follow up.

11:24 Dr Saiful and Cindy came to my Villa. Dr Saiful stated that they had received my complaint from IPRA and the matter was being investigated.

15:10 Cindy handed me updated treatment plan. She said I could not go to shops or place a bet on Melbourne Cup as I had no leave. She said to do it on my phone.

15:20 I asked Cindy to email me plan to jeffgeaney@gmail.com

15:37 I sent email of plan to JO Sampford jo@qai.org.au

15:55 I needed Bread and Milk. No Leave apparently. Sue said Michael would follow up with me.

16:00 Trish gave me bread and milk from kitchen.

16:13 I called Steven Miles on 0438 764 537 and left a message for him to call me back.

16:36 Jo Sampford called me. Updated her

16:50 Michele Burns called me. Updated her

Saturday 3rd November

15:20 I got Dinner from Kitchen. Dan Ferguson approved.

Sunday 4th November

15:55 I spoke to Bill who said it was nonsense that I could not go for a drive.

Monday 5th November

11:07 I spoke to Sue Newham and said that I was running low on milk and coffee. She said Darrelle would come and see me about it.

11:35 Darrelle gave me milk and coffee

14:17 Maurice Blackburn

14:56 I called Human rights commission and was told to call Health Ombudsman.

14:59 I called Queensland Health Ombudsman and spoke to Amanda who lodged my complaint.

Tuesday 6th November

16:25 I spoke to Natasha from OHO and amended complaint.

Wednesday 7th November

14:01 I called Rennick Lawyers and spoke to Patrick for court update. Mention.

14:05 IPRA Deb I called her

16:12 Jo Sampford called me to inform me that she would send an email to Dr Agilan and update Deb from IPRA.

Thursday 8th November

10:30 I spoke to Dr Bodhu who asked how I was going and asked me how my side effects were going. Namely tremors and jaw locking. I said that he must have me confused with another patient. Steve said that it was passed on handover that Dr Agilan saw me yesterday and that I was stating that I had side effects from the medication. WTF! It wasn’t me. Steve checked with Cindy and she said that there must have been a miscommunication.

11:00 I went on leave with Ben and Michael to strand. Coles North Ward and up Castle Hill.

13:40 I called Rennick Lawyers and spoke to Patrick who said that my matter was listed for mention on the 12th December and that they were also waiting on Mental Health report.

13:42 I called Deb from IPRA and updated her. I said that I had not heard from Angela regarding the Inquiry and Deb said that she would pass my number directly onto her. She had been trying to contact Kirwan apparently.

14:29 I got a call from Angela who followed up my concerns with Inquiry into mental health Townsville.

15:43 Maurice Blackburn called me and left a message.

15:47 I called Maurice Blackburn and spoke to Natasha and she said they couldn’t take on my case.

Friday 9th November

9:12 Tegan and Steve came to my villa to say that I had to have depot this morning and that today was my shopping day at 11:00

10:25 Injection of 550MG of Zuclopenthexol in left glute by Steve and witnessed by Pam. Cindy stated that it should be given as 2 injections. Steve researched and found that up to 3ML can be given as 1 injection. Pam came into medication room to validate the 1 injection.

Saturday 10th November

18:37 2MG of Lorazapham from Bill and Dan.


Still locked up at Townsville Secure Mental Health Unit.

StatCounter - Free Web Tracker and Counter

58 thoughts on “Diary of a Labrat.”

  1. I blog often and I truly thank you for your information. The
    article has really peaked my interest. I will take a note of your blog and
    keep checking for new information about once per week.
    I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.


  2. I think everything said was very logical.
    However, think about this, suppose you added a little content?
    I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your website, however suppose you added a title that
    makes people want more? I mean Diary of a Labrat. –
    JezusChrist.com is a little plain. You should look at Yahoo’s home page and note how they create news titles
    to grab people to open the links. You might try adding a video or a picture or two to grab people excited
    about what you’ve got to say. In my opinion, it would bring your blog a little livelier.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: